Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fried Okra



Fried Okra
(Serves 4)

Fried okra pods are dipped into beaten egg, coat with cornmeal and then cooked in shallow oil. A squirt of fresh lemon juice accentuates the flavor.

1 lb small okra
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
Vegetable oil
4 lemon wedges

1. Rinse the okra and pat dry. Combine the cornmeal and salt in a pie dish and whisk to blend thoroughly.

2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with; 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Dip the okra into the beaten eggs and then roll in cornmeal.

3. Pour vegetable into a large skillet to the depth of 1/2 inch, add the okra in small batches and fry until crisps. Drain on absorbent paper and serve with lemon wedges.


(From Judy Gorman's Vegetable Cookbook, pg 219)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in West Texas with my family,and horse. I am a Christian wife and Mom. I enjoy my family, photography and horse.